ZSI is pleased to announce the call for papers for a special issue of the FTeval Journal: Participatory Evaluation and Impact Assessment in Citizen Science
We welcome contributions from citizen science, participatory social research, public policy, environmental justice, and related fields, as well as reports from practitioners, including related theoretical and practical perspectives from various other professions and disciplines.
- What options are there for the design of participatory evaluation in citizen science and related domains?
- What are the challenges and benefits of participatory evaluation for involved stakeholders and participants?
- What should be the scopes for participatory evaluation and respective impact assessments, where to start and where to go?
- What methods and approaches have proven to work well in participatory evaluation in citizen (social) science and citizen humanities?
- How can the interfaces of research and policy and society be fostered with participatory evaluation, and what are the pitfalls to care about?
- What legal and ethical issues must be considered and addressed when developing and implementing participatory evaluation?
Topics to be covered:
- Governance and planning of participatory processes
- Evaluation in participation design
- Power relationships and shifting power configurations
- Monitoring processes and outputs
- Capacity building
- Creating trust and safe spaces
- Ownership of processes and results
- and many more
- Submission of abstracts: 15 Sept 2021 (notification 15 Oct 2021)
- Submission of full papers: 31 Dec 2021
- Publication (print and on-line):June 2022